Monday, October 14, 2013

The Simple Things (love can be dangerous)

The Simple Things

January 21, 2009 at 9:42pm
I’ve been going out a lot more lately.
But everywhere I go,
I keep hoping I’ll see your face.
When I’m home and all alone,
You’re the one I think of,
The one I want there beside me.

I know this sounds so cliché;
But I’ve always wanted to kiss you in the rain.
To stand in a thunderstorm,
And feel the drops of rain stream down my face.
With you I feel like I’ve found my place.
But this world is so fast paced,
We don’t make time for the simple things in life,
Those little simple things that make it special.

We didn’t really make time for the small things,
We don’t even make much time for eachother anymore now.
Oh, how I’ve wanted you to randomly take my hand,
And ask me to dance to a song that’s playing on the radio.
Whether it’s in the kitchen, the middle of the street, wherever.
And when I’m sad and tears stream down my face,
I long for you to take your hand and wipe them away.
That’s all you have to do to brighten my day.

It seems the harder I squeeze the more you slip away.
I miss you more with each passing day.
I can’t take anymore of this feeling of doubt
When I come see you I feel like everything is okay
When I leave I wonder if you feel the same

I don’t want to play anymore games.
I don’t want to keep looking for something that isn’t there,
So please, if I am not what you want,
Let me know so I can move on,
Because it gets harder everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment